Hi everyone –
One of the last emails from us this semester! We hope the final project/exam period is going well for everyone.
A conversation with the creators of Bottletop
Time: Thursday, Dec. 8, 8pm-10pm
Location: 199 Mott St in SOHO
SIPA student Sara Kaddoura has helped to organize an event on December 8th at a store in SOHO where the founder of “Bottletop“, a sustainable fashion concept store, will be talking about how they source their materials for the purses they produce.
Global Sourcing Council’s 2017 Annual Meeting
Time: January 12, 2016, 3pm-5pm
Location: Baruch College NYC
Hosted by Board member, Maung Min, the information packed agenda includes insight on Carbon Accounting with renowned expert, Arnaud Brohé, and an update on Sustainable Development Goals led by a panel of experts from the United Nations, Fortune 100 companies, and Baruch College. Find more information and register here.
Research analyst – The 2° Investing Initiative
What they are looking for:
- Excellent data management and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts, as well as decarbonisation pathways (e.g. electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.).
- Knowledge of a programming language (preferably R).
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; good knowledge of German/ French is a plus.
- Good level of understanding of finance or a desire to learn, especially with an interest in issues related to climate change and the energy technology transition to a low carbon economy.
- Previous work or internship experience in finance, energy or climate related topics is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with financial/ energy databases.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to: Jakob@2degrees-investing.org
VICTORY! Army denies easement for Dakota Access Pipeline …More… #NoDAPL, #YesGreatSpirit: Why Standing Rock Won an Amazing Reprieve
HORROR… Donald Trump: Exxon CEO Rex Tillserson Eyed for Secretary of State
Wait, what? Ivanka Trump to meet with Al Gore on climate change
Ohhhh… Animals Eat Ocean Plastic Because it Smells Like Food: Study
Isaura Espinosa de los Monteros (email@example.com)
Will Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SIPA Environmental Coalition (ECO) Communications Co-Directors