Hi everyone –
Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving break!
ECO-New School mixer
Time: 7 PM – 11 PM, December 2, 2016
Location: The Crooked Knife- 232 W 14th St, New York, NY 10011
Columbia and New School graduate students are invited to come together to talk, drink and have a good time as we get to know each other!
Given the recent election results, it’s going to be more important than ever that environmentally focused people work together on climate change, renewable energy and other environmentally related issues.
Let’s get to know each other so we can have one more friendly face as a resource should we need it!
Celebration of the World Soil Day at UNHQ
Time: 9:30am, 2 December 2016
Location: Conference Room 12, UNHQ
Healthy soils and pulses can support sustainable development and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development by ensuring food security and healthy diets, while combating and adapting to climate change and preserving biodiversity and natural resources. They are part of the package aimed at achieving land degradation neutrality.
The event will pay special tribute to His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand. In recognition of his lifelong work on soils and sustainable soil management, His Majesty’s Birthday, 5 December, has been designated World Soil Day since 2014 by the UN General Assembly.
Join us at this World Soil Day event to discuss the essential role of soils and pulses for food security and nutrition and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Registration deadline Nov 30, register here.
Research analyst – The 2° Investing Initiative
What they are looking for:
- Excellent data management and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts, as well as decarbonisation pathways (e.g. electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.).
- Knowledge of a programming language (preferably R).
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; good knowledge of German/ French is a plus.
- Good level of understanding of finance or a desire to learn, especially with an interest in issues related to climate change and the energy technology transition to a low carbon economy.
- Previous work or internship experience in finance, energy or climate related topics is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with financial/ energy databases.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to:
Isaura Espinosa de los Monteros (email@example.com)
Will Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SIPA Environmental Coalition (ECO) Communications Co-Directors