Quick thank you to those who applied to be on the 2016 ECO Board — keep an eye out for board announcements on Friday.
Here are some events going on this week, hope to see you there. Also, be sure to take a look at the Internships section (and definitely apply to EDF Climate Corps) — there are some great opportunities listed.
Join the Center on Global Energy Policy for a panel discussion previewing the upcoming climate negotiations in Paris. This event will discuss the obstacles to achieving a successful agreement in Paris, what the prospects are for an agreement, and how such an agreement might impact climate policy in countries around the world.
Where: Jerome Greene Hall (Law School), Room 102A
Event website: http://energypolicy.columbia.edu/events-calendar/decoding-paris-will-paris-climate-negotiations-catalyze-greater-climate-action#
ECO-Sype with Dr. Arunabha Ghosh, CEO of Council on Energy, Environment and Water
Join the Columbia University Coalition for Sustainable Development for a Brown Bag Lunch with Charity: Water, a nonprofit organization aimed at bringing clean and safe drinking water to developing nations. Learn how clean water means health, income and education – especially for women and kids.
Where: IAB 1201
Event website: https://www.facebook.com/events/1642296829387331/
- EDF Climate Corps, Multiple project opportunities (Definitely apply!!!); Deadline December 8, 2015 – http://edfclimatecorps.org/
- Sustainability Consulting Practice, NYC manufacturing and technology sustainability: SIPALink ID: 5792; Deadline December 11, 2015 – https://goo.gl/u6ksuS
- Sustainability and Wearable Tech Program Development Support : SIPALink ID: 58277; Deadline December 11, 2015 – https://goo.gl/h3ulHr
- Global Dairy Platform, Agriculture Sustainability: SIPALink ID: 58528; Deadline December 11, 2015 – https://goo.gl/9HqRt6
- Duke Global Policy Program, Environment, Energy & Economics Fellow; Deadline November 16th, 2015 – https://sanford.duke.edu/academics/geneva-program/environment-energy-economics
WORLD SNAPSHOT: ENVIRONMENTAL HEADLINES
SIPA Environmental Coalition (ECO) Communications Director
MPA Candidate (2017), School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University