October 11th, 2015
Last week we partnered with Columbia Business School’s Green Business Club for a site visit to Newtown Creek. If you weren’t able to make the trip, you should still consider going to Greenpoint to check it out.
Here are some activities that are going on this week, we hope you can join!
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015
SIPA Israel Environmental Leadership Delegation
As we embark on the post-2015 development agenda, the newly launched Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will set the agenda for global action for the next fifteen years. The SDGs expand on the 8 previous goals (poverty and hunger, education, gender equality, maternal health, child mortality, HIV-AIDS, environmental sustainability, global partnership) and incorporate new goals and targets related to sustainable energy, economic growth and employment, inequality, sustainable consumption and production, climate change, and sustainability of the seas and ecosystems.
This discussion will address what the new SDGs mean for the business community, seeking to answer:
- How will the SDGs push the sustainability agenda forward, involving companies as partners?
- What are resources for companies seeking to align their corporate responsibility goals with the SDGs?
- What impact will they have on the development of legislation or incentives affecting companies?
- Haiti Solar/Battery Project, email email@example.com by Monday, October 12. Details here.
- Urban Green Energy, Business Development Intern: SIPALink ID: 57598
- Environment America, Clean Energy: SIPALink ID: 57816
- Center for Clean Air Policy, Development Manger: SIPALink ID: 57713
- New York Department of Environmental Protection, Demand Management: SIPALink ID: 57668
WORLD SNAPSHOT: ENVIRONMENTAL HEADLINES
SIPA Environmental Coalition (ECO) Communications Director
MPA Candidate (2017), School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University