As promised, our first internship panel of the semester is happening tomorrow 1-2pm, IAB 402. If you are interested in an environmental internship this coming summer, then this is the opportunity that you don’t want to miss out on.
In other news, as ECO is becoming increasingly involved with the University’s sustainability agenda, the executive board is looking for a sustainability manager to oversee ECO’s implementation of campus sustainability projects, apply for Columbia green grants, and encourage advocacy and activism around sustainability issues at SIPA. If you desire to foster the energy and sustainability change that you want to see around Columbia, please don’t hesitate to apply! The jobs of a sustainability manager include:
(1) Collaborating with Columbia University Coalition for Sustainable Development
(2) Organizing sustainability-centered event(s) at SIPA and
(3) Seeking funding and implementing projects to achieve sustainability impact at SIPA (e.g. through Columbia’s Green Fund)
(4) Commit 1-1.5 hours for ECO Board meetings every other week
Apply today! The application deadline is Friday, March 6th, 2015, midnight. The manager will be chosen with a vote by the current ECO Board. We look forward to reading your application.
Monday, February 16th, 2015, 1-2 pm
ECO Environmental Internship Panel
Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, February 19th, 6-8 pm
Cafe Amrita, 301 W 110th St
Chinese New Year Happy Hour with Earth Institute China Sustainability Project
The Earth Institute’s China Sustainability Project would like to invite you for an happy hour networking event to celebrate the Chinese New Year – the year of the Sheep – with students, faculty and friends interested in energy and development issues in China
Light refreshments will be served.
Friday, March 6, 2:00-3:30 pm
472 2nd Avenue, 29th Street Pier, Brooklyn, NY 11232
Sunset Park Material Recovery Facility Site Visit with ECO
Curious about what happens to your recyclables? Opened in December 2013, the Sunset Park Material Recovery Facility is the principal processing center for all of NYC’s metal, glass and plastic recyclables. Join us for a tour of the most modern and sophisticated recycling center in the United States. Learn more about the facility here.
Meet-Up Time: 12:30pm in front of the Alma Mater statue. We’ll be meeting up to take the subway together. If you’d like to join us in Brooklyn, meet us at the facility at 2:00pm.
- OECD – Econometrician for Green Investments and Climate Finance – Contact: email@example.com by March 8th
- Enclude – Senior Consultant – Clean Energy and Climate Finance – SIPALinkID: 53546
- Carbon Credit Capital – Communications and Marketing Intern – Information here
- Impact – Environmental Policy Intern – SIPALinkID: 53382
- Columbia Center for Global Energy Policy – Summer Research Assistant – SIPALinkID: 53653 – and here
WORLD SNAPSHOT: ENVIRONMENTAL HEADLINES
SIPA Environmental Coalition (ECO) Communications Director
MIA Candidate (2016), School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University